Along with Food and Wine there are many other attractions for both children and adults alike. Combine some local wineries with any of the following activities:
Things to do with children...
Things to do with children…
Take the children to Donnybrook’s Apple Fun Park for a big free day out at Australia’s largest free playground. Picnic or BBQ in the grounds or try one of the many cafes nearby.
- Visit one of the many beaches – Myalup, Binningup, Koombana Bay, Peppermint Grove, Forrest, Busselton.
- Enjoy the Harvey Dam or the Wellington Dam for the playgrounds & picnic/bbq facilities.
- Spend time in the Stirling Cottage & May Gibbs display in Harvey.
- Visit Gnomesville and leave your own gnome in company of many others.
- Swim with the Dolphins or visit the Dolphin Discovery Centre in Bunbury
- Go swimming or fishing at one of the beautiful local beaches
- Discover the underwater world at the Busselton Jetty.
- Do an underground Mine Tour in Collie.
- Go skateboarding in Harvey or Bunbury
- Walk to Bunbury’s checkered Lighthouse or climb up Malston’s Hill Rotary Lookout Tower.
- Visit the Big Swamp Wildlife park and enjoy the birds and marsupials
Things to do outdoors...
Things to do outdoors…
- Visit the Dolphin Discovery Centre or swim with the Dolphins
- Walk through the 20,000 years old mangroves
- Walk the Bibblumun Track which meanders through the region.
- Ride the Mount Lennard mountain bike trails
- Visit the Big Swamp Wildlife Park
- Stop at any of the local walk trails and enjoy masses of wildflowers from September though to November
- Enjoy the sea breeze on Busselton’s Jetty
- Visit the world’s last Tuart forest, near Capel.
- Drive through the Ferguson Valley via Donnybrook and take pleasure in every single minute of the drive.
Things to do on a rainy day...
Things to do on a rainy day…
Other than taking in a few warming red wines at our regions finest cellar doors, we recommend the local museums and galleries and maybe lunch somewhere along the way.
- Boutiques in Bunbury and the small towns throughout the region abound for a spot of shopping.
- View the latest exhibition at the Bunbury Regional Art Gallery.
- Take in a concert or show at the Bunbury Regional Entertainment Centre
- If you are here on weekends, meet the locals at the markets. Many markets are undercover.
- Go snorkelling and visit the FV Lena, a captured Pirate Patagonian fishing vessel, sitting 2 km off shore of Bunbury, some 18 m deep.
- Wear your gumboots and go for a long walk in the rain along our beaches or in our beautiful forests.
Some of our favourite attractions in the region are listed below…
Lyndendale Gallery in the Ferguson Valley tourism area offers the visitor high quality local art. Etchings, linocuts, woodcuts, collographs – in fact all kinds of printmaking – are the focus of this gallery. Situated within a federation-style house, Lyndendale Gallery retains the house’s old world interest with artworks exhibited upon, and within, furniture of the… read more
Boyanup Cellars part of Downunder Cellars who are linked to the Liquor Marketing Group, the biggest group of independently owned hotels, bottleshops and retail liquor outlets in Australia providing the Best Prices, All Well Known Brands, and a network of over 1,700 bottleshops and retail liquor outlets through Australia. Boyanup Cellars are major stockists of Geographe… read more
Housed in a distinctive pink former convent, the Bunbury Regional Art Galleries is situated in the city centre of Bunbury, a two minute stroll to the CBD to the east and the sparkling Indian Ocean to the west. This is the premier public art gallery in the South West of Western Australia. Boasting four separate… read more
Bush Tucker Tours offer an exceptional tour departing from Bunbury and venturing into the Ferguson Valley, where guests are introduced to the Ferguson Valley wines, wineries and a few of the local characters. Bushtucker Tours have been successfully operating fun and memorable tours for over 21 years and have achieved various accolades including State Merit… read more
Established in 1928, the Capel Golf Club has been situated at its current location in Stratham since 1964. A five minute drive past Dalyellup on the Bussell Highway the Capel Golf Club consists of an 18 hole par 72 championship course set on relatively flat terrain surrounded by an abundance of Tuart, Jarrah, Banksia and… read more
As one of Australia’s premier wild dolphin destinations you can visit the centre and learn more about these magnificent creatures, take a Dolphin Eco Cruise around the Bay or interact with the dolphins in their own environment on a Swim on the Wild Side Tour. The Dolphin Discovery Centre is home to a discovery pool,… read more
11442 South Western Hwy, Wokalup P: (08) 9729 3949 www.harveycheese.com.au 9.30 to 5 daily factory viewing – cheese tastings – coffee and cake – Ice-creams – Local produce
Carey Street, Bunbury www.lighthousebeachresort.com.au P: (08) 9781 2700 Reception operates from 7.00am – 10.00pm 71 rooms with ocean or city views, perfect for any getaway